What is the Cancer Services Program?
The Cancer Services Program (CSP) provides breast, cervical and colorectal cancer screenings at NO COST to women and men
- Do not have health insurance OR have health insurance that does not cover the cost of these screenings
- Cannot pay for these screenings
- Meet income eligibility requirements
- Meet age requirements
- Live in New York State
What are the age requirements?
- Women ages 40 and older
- Women under age 40 at high risk for breast cancer*
- Men and women at 50 for colorectal cancer screening
Why should I be screened for cancer?
Breast, cervical and colorectal cancers may not always cause symptoms, but there are screening tests that can find these cancers early, when treatment is most successful.
- The risk for breast cancer increases with age. Talk to your doctor about when and how often you should be screened.
- All women are at risk for cervical cancer. Cervical cancer is one of the easiest cancers to prevent with regular screening tests and follow-up. It also is highly curable when found and treated early.
- All men and women ages 50 or older should be screened for colorectal cancer. If a member of your family has had colorectal cancer, your healthcare provider may recommend starting screening earlier.
Cancer Screening Saves Lives!